Plan Checker/Project Manager
Brighton, Canterbury, London, Milton Keynes
To provide an efficient and quality approved inspector service in line with the Company’s aims and objectives and the Building (approved inspector etc.) Regulations 2010 and amendments thereafter to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects and associated client base
- Attend design team meetings as reasonably required
- Plan checking to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and associated statutory legislation.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients, i.e. architects, builders, etc. on building control matters.
- Consultation with Fire Authorities as necessary
- To hold full membership of RICS, ABE or equivalent (or qualified by suitable experience) ensuring CPD requirements are met thereafter to broaden and develop skills.
- To comply with those functions outlined within the companies Quality Management Systems quality procedures and Building Control Performance Standards and terms and conditions, i.e. Initial and Final Notices, etc.
- To communicate effectively (verbally, writing, electronically) to meet the job role above.
- Ensure records and filing are maintained to ensure the company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
- Maintain a positive team environment to promote the overall interests of the company within all areas of the organisation regardless of location.
- To operate within HBCAI Ltd’s terms & conditions, policies and quality assurance system.
- To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time.
This document does not constitute a job specification and accordingly does not purport to represent an exhaustive list of all duties. It is intended to indicate the main areas of activity and the job holder may also be required to carry out similar tasks as directed by their manager/director.