Brighton | Canterbury | London | Milton Keynes
You will work closely with builders and developers to ensure the construction or conversion of buildings is in accordance with our technical standards and Building Regulations. You will perform key stage inspections including foundation, superstructure, first fix (pre-plaster) and pre-handover.
- Effectively self manage and forward planning of own workload
- Provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site
- Recording inspection details and ensuring/assessing works are being undertaken in accordance with approved specifications and communicating this to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects
- Perform reviews of new schemes within the defect liability period and resolve any identified issues.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters to ensure that standards are being maintained
- Provide technical advice during site visits on standards and compliance as per Project Manager recommendations.
- To act as an ambassador of HBCAI Limited and refer to line manager all possible new contacts.
- To hold full membership (or working towards) of RICS, ABE or equivalent (or suitability qualified by experience) ensuring CPD requirements are met thereafter.
- Ensure knowledge of warranty standards, applicable legislation and environmental issues are kept up to date.
- To comply with those functions outlined in the Quality Manual for Approved Inspector Services and site inspection.
- To communicate effectively (verbally, writing, electronically) to meet the job purpose.
- Ensure relevant records and filing are maintained to ensure the company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
- Maintain a positive team environment to promote the overall interests of the company without regard to sectional or divisional boundaries.
- Comply with health and safety regulations including holding a CSCS health and safety card.
- To operate within HBCAI Ltd’s terms & conditions, policies and quality assurance system
- To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Note: this document does not constitute a job specification and accordingly does not purport to represent an exhaustive list of all duties. It is intended to indicate the main areas of activity and the job holder may also be required to carry out similar tasks as directed by their manager/director.
- Degree level or professional qualification such as RICS, ABE or equivalent
- In a warranty surveyor role
- Using Microsoft Office Packages
- Comprehensive in risk analysis
- Good IT skills
- Shows initiative
- Diplomatic and polite
- Forms good relationships with colleagues and can contribute effectively to a team
- Able to respond positively under pressure
- Flexible in approach to work and willing to go the extra mile
- Prompt, efficient and courteous
WHY WORK FOR US?
At Harwood we fully appreciate the company will only ever be as great as the people that work with us in aiding its exciting future. As a result, if you are professional, passionate and enthusiastic and expect the same from an employer – Harwood want to hear from you.
The company benefits we pride ourselves in are as follows:
- Golden Handshake payment offered upon commencement
- Personal/business car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Birthday leave
- Professional subscription
- Sick pay
- Maternity/Paternity pay
- Eye test and glasses contributions
- Use of Brands Hatch corporate box
- Use of Spanish apartment
- Priority bookings at The Marlowe Theatre