Office support team
To ensure that support is provided within the Administration Team in an efficient and professional manner. The job holder is required to carry out all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
Main Purpose and Scope of the Post
- Responsible for all Building Control administration duties
- Provide Project administration support to Surveyors
Main Activities of the Post
- Setting up projects and maintaining project paperwork on Union Square
- Drafting fee quotation documentation and electronic submission to clients/agents.
- Drafting and serving of time critical notices to correct Local Authorities e.g initial notices, fire consultations etc.
- Issuing of plans certificates and final certificates.
- Updating client database on Union Square.
- General office duties including report/letter typing, answering telephone.
- Running reports as required.
- Advice and assistance to members of the public.
- In accordance with the Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 promote and maintain a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service at all times
What you can bring to the role
Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent)
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In an administrative role
Dealing with enquiries from the public and staff at all levels
In using Microsoft Outlook and Word
Previous experience working in a similar industry
Experience of working in a busy office environment
Excellent communication skills
Good IT skills
Ability to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail
Dealing with customers sensitively and to keeping information confidential
Diplomatic and polite
Forms good relationships with colleagues and can contribute effectively to a team
Able to respond positively under pressure
Flexible in approach to work and willing to go the extra mile
Prompt, efficient and courteous
Aspire to develop skills
Note: this document does not constitute a job specification and accordingly does not purport to represent an exhaustive list of all duties. It is intended to indicate the main areas of activity and the job holder may also be required to carry out similar tasks as directed by their manager/director.